LED Lighting For Parking Lots
LED Lighting For Parking Lots is beneficial for business owners in more way than one. With over twenty years of experience in the illumination industry, we are able to direct our clients to the best option for their parking lots. In addition to our knowledge, our products provide the quality needed to save business owners money and give their customers a better sense of safety.
LED Lighting For Parking Lots
The LED technology is replacing traditional HID incandescent light which has been used since its invention. It creates light with a semiconductor instead of consuming a fuel source. Additionally, they utilize “multipoint” sources. This means the fixtures have multiple diodes with each optics. As a result, lighting is evenly distributed throughout the areaThe following list includes three benefits of using the LED light for parking lots:
- Energy Savings – LED lighting area ranges is usually from 40 watts to 600 watts; However, the wattage used for an HID (High-intensity discharge) range from 400 watts to 1000 watts. LED proves its energy efficiency by reducing the energy used to light a parking lot by 40% to 60%. In other words, business owners can save up to $300 per fixture per year in energy cost. The average return on investment is approximately twenty-four to thirty-six months.
- Maintenance Costs – LED generates light output degrades very slowly which is different from the HID alternative. As a result, the life of LED lights is longer which drastically reduce the cost of replacement lights. The average LED life expectancy is from eight to twenty years.
- Optimum Performance – The performance of the LED lights instill a better sense of security in the patrons of business owners. They distribute light through a multipoint design which gives an even pattern of illumination.
- Safety Factor – LED lighting solutions to help prevent parking lot accidents. When patrons can see an area better because of the quality lighting, they are less likely to cause an accident.
There are two choices of commercial LED area light fixtures:
- Maxlite Merak – This is a high-performance fixture, with sizes ranging from low power for small parking lots light fixtures, up to high power for roadway illumination.
- Laxlite LED Area – This is a standard “shoebox” parking lot light fixtures with a versatile LED pole light workhouse at a great price.
LED vs. CFL
Here are the advantages and disadvantage of a LED bulb:
- LED bulb last for up to 100,000 hours and consume approximately 90% less energy than a traditional bulb.
- The cost upfront is more expensive for a LED bulb than a traditional bulb because of the long-lasting life expectancy.
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of a CFL bulb:
- This bulb is a smaller version of a standard fluorescent bulb. They do not produce bright white light, and it fits into standard light sockets. Mainly, they are the middle choice between an HDL light bulb and a LED light bulb.
- The bulb contains mercury and has a lower life expectancy. In addition to this, the disposal of the bulbs is a major issue.
Energy Audits informs users of patterns of usage, waste, and helps to create a plan to cut back on energy usage. Even though the audits can become costly, there are agencies who will conduct the review free of charge. For example, your electric company can produce the audit. Ultimately, the goal of the report is to save money. Here are a few reasons why your energy is wastefully used:
- Broken Thermostat
- Old-damaged weather stripping around doors and windows
- Clogged air vents
- Out-of-date furnace or cooling system
Since 1979, we’ve provided affordable decorative cast aluminum lamp posts, street signs, and decorative mailboxes directly to builders, developers, and contractors. Then, we began to offer affordable sky options that shrink the amount of night sky pollution in 2008. This reduces the electrical energy usage by approximately 42%. By using this type of lighting, it can help the nation in its efforts to go green by reducing wasted up-light and decreasing harmful carbon emissions to help fight against global warming. We currently offer over twenty different types of lighting solutions and are striving to provide more in the years to come.
Contact Us Today
LED parking lots are beneficial for both the business owner and its patrons. It’s cost-effective, enhance safety, and lowers the amount of maintenance needed. All in all, our products are perfect for lighting your parking lot. Contact us today for all of your LED needs. For more information about our company and our products, contact us at 1.800.828.0302 or visit our website here. We are your direct provider of Commercial Aluminum Light Post.
Fun Facts Life and Light
- All humans can see ultraviolet light, but it is passively filtered out by the eye’s lens. Patients who undergo surgery to remove the lend can detect ultraviolet light.
- Humans are bioluminescent. However, the light emitted by our body is 1000 times weaker than our eyes can pick up.
- An estimated one-third of the population will often sneeze when looking at the sun or a bright source of light. This reaction is due to a genetic quirk known as the photic sneeze reflex; a condition described by neurologists as having to do with crossed wires in the brain.
- Peacock feathers are actually brown but have microscopic structures that interfere with light that make the bright iridescence.
More Facts About Lights
- According to English law, the “Right to light” states that the owner of a building with windows which has received natural daylight for 20 years or more is entitled to forbid any construction or other obstruction that would deprive him or her of that illumination.
- While in space astronauts sometimes see random flashes of light caused by cosmic rays hitting the optic nerve. We don’t see it on earth because the magnetosphere protects us from the rays.
- The blinking light atop the Capitol Records Tower spells out the word “Hollywood” in Morse code, and has done so since the building’s opening in 1956.
- Lighting is one of the biggest uses of energy in commercial spaces.